26 March 2018

Soul to Soul

I see a tree as movement. It must surely be alive.
There is sap that flows up and down the sturdy trunk,
A sucking of the roots, and a breathing of the leaves.
The constant exchange of earth, air, and water.
The slow growth of the trunk and limbs ring by ring.
I am drawn into it. I and the tree are united in life.
Does the tree feel the same? I think it must be so.
The tree gives fruit and shade to me and my brothers,
The birds and the bees, the ants and the squirrels,
And yes, the termites too, quite indiscriminately.
Is the tree self conscious? Am I always conscious?
Our communication is through the Holy Spirit of God.
Soul to soul we commune through the Creator of all.
God bless every living soul with whom I communicate.

.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.