04 September 2013

At the Sound of the Shofar

To all my Jewish friends, non Jewish friends, and to all children of God:

Rosh Hashana Greetings!

Shabbat Shalom and Shana Tova
Shana Tova Umetukah

May you be inscribed and sealed in the Book of Life and may you prosper and may the day come soon that “nation not lift up sword against nation and humanity not learn war anymore,” and “everyone will sit under his vineyard and fig tree and no one will have reason to fear” (Micah 4:4). 

May you live live so that you may remain God’s witnesses and a light unto the nations of the world (Isaiah 42:6).

"It is our duty to praise the Master of all,
To ascribe greatness to the Author of creation..."

"You shall know and take to heart this day
That the Lord is God,
In the heavens above
and on earth below. There is no other."
(From the Aleinu Leshabei'ach)

.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.