23 June 2009

My friend Rodney

For those of you who are interested in learning Spanish or studying Spanish further to improve your speaking and comprehension abilities I would like to introduce you to my friend Rodney Prince. Rodney is a fellow Spanish student and he is also a good teacher. He has a blog called "My Spanish Notes" which I highly recommend. You can find it at: http://myspanishnotes.blogspot.com/

I would also like to re-introduce you to my friend Jeremy who has a blog called "Señor Jordan's Spanish Video Blog". Jeremy is not only a student of Spanish but he is also a professional Spanish teacher at the High School level. This guy really knows his stuff! You can find his blog at: http://srjordan.wordpress.com/

Another site that I would like to recommend is "Spanish Experts" at: http://spanishexperts.blogspot.com/

There is one more site that I recently came across that I think would be helpful called "Spanish Phrasal Verbs" that you can find at:
http://spanish-phrasal-verbs.blogspot.com/

I really appreciate these people because I am always looking for ways to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and I always seem to pick up a thing or two from these blogs. Even if you are fairly fluent you will find that these blogs are a good review and food for thought.

Ahora, ¡Ponte a estudiar! (Now, get to studying!)

10 comments:

1st Mate said...

Wow, thanks Bob! Just when I was getting serious (again) about working on my Spanish.

Steve Cotton said...

Thanks for the resources, Bob. Because of you, I have started taking a formal Spanish course -- three days a week. We missed today becauseof the hurricane threat. But I intend to get on with what I have been putting off. (Now, that would be fun to translate.)

Leslie Harris said...

Muchas gracias Bob! I've been fluent in Spanish since the age of 5, but I do like to look at the websites for "inspiration" for my ESL classes.

GlorV1 said...

Hi Bob, I don't know if you like the award that go around blogland but I have the "One Lovely Blog Award" waiting for you at my blog. If you don't care for them, that's okay, its understandable. heheehehe

GlorV1 said...

No problema Bob. Wouldn't want those guys at the barbershop to get all jealous. I'd have to hit them with the javon. lol take care.

Bob Mrotek said...

Bliss,
Good for you! Go for it :)

Steve,
I think Señor Jordan's video blog would really help you and give you a jump start. Here are some translations of your "I intend to get on with what I have been putting off" for you to mull over. Take your pick:

Tengo la intención de continuar con lo que he estado posponiendo.

Voy a intentar hacer las cosas que necesito hacer pero siempre he echado a un lado.

Voy a intentar hacer las cosas que tengo que hacer, pero siempre han arrojado a un lado.

Leslie,
If you are like me the more you learn the more you realize how much more there is to learn :)

Gloria,
I think you mean "jabón" :)

GlorV1 said...

yes, yes! That's what I meant, of course. Jabon. I don't know how to put that little cursor or whatever over the o? In any event, it is what it is. Take care.:)

1st Mate said...

I have a Microsoft keyboard, and I just use the ALT key and the "e", then backspace and type in the "e." Also works for getting the ñ.

bordersaside said...

I just wanted to say I have been checking out Senor Jordans blog and he does an excellent job of explaining things. He never just throws a phrase out there and doesn't explain it. For example (I know this sounds ridiculous) but Iv always had a hard time getting my mind wrapped around reflexive verbs and now I get it. Anyway thanks for the other sites I plan to check those out.

Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

I love these sites. I really need to get cracking more. But that is true in just about every area of my life. :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.