17 September 2007

Now you tell us!

I read today where Vicente Fox, the ex-president of Mexico has written a book called “Revolution of Hope” in which he describes George W. Bush as "the cockiest guy I have ever met in my life." He goes on to condemn the Republican platform on immigration, and blames Bush’s stubbornness on Iraq for deteriorating international relations and says that the Spanish language that George Bush is so proud of speaking is only at grammar school level. He also said that he didn’t think that George W. Bush would ever become president.

Then I hear that Alan Greenspan has come out with a new book called “The Age of Turbulence: Adventures in a New World” in which he says the Iraq war is all about oil and that George Bush caused the present huge deficit by giving the Republican Party virtually everything that they wanted in regard to spending while at the same time promoting huge tax cuts for the wealthy.

Very well Vicente and Alan but you guys aren’t telling us anything that we don’t already know. Most savvy Americans have already figured that out for themselves. The question we must ask ourselves now it how did we ever let it happen and what should we do to get ourselves out of this mess.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.